Pistons Academy Program Updates – as of 6.5

March 7th, 2020

PA logo 2020 banner


* This document will be updated every Tuesday and Friday 

 *In the event social distancing guidelines cause the cancellation of a camp, we will fully refund all participants.


Greetings Pistons Academy Campers,

On Monday, June 1, Governor Whitmer gave Michigan the green light to facilitate summer day camps. As well, The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) provided guidelines on the safest ways to facilitate camps in the the wake of COVID-19.  We are currently reviewing these guidelines and working with our host facilities to determine the smartest and safest way to start up the camp season. The safety of our campers has always been our top priority and we will not open any camp until we are confident that we have the right plan in place. Once we have that plan established, we will post it on our website so that you may make the most informed decision possible. It is our goal to have that plan ready by June 15.

We ask that you check back every Tuesday and Friday for the latest camp updates which could include outdoor skill sessions, new locations and a virtual Pistons Academy series that will be available free of charge. As you review our camp line-up, please note that any camp marked “CANCELLED” will not re-open this summer.

If you have specific questions, please contact me at gthomas@pistons.com.  Have a safe and enjoyable summer and we look forward to seeing you soon, either on the court or on the screen!

-Geo Thomas
Director of Fan Development
Detroit Pistons

  • Posted in Featured Posts
  • Comments Off on Pistons Academy Program Updates – as of 6.5

Comments are closed.

banner -->