The Pistons Academy of Youth basketball is looking to add motivated and energetic instructors to their 2018 summer camp staff. Our camps run from early June through the end of August. All potential candidates will be interviewed by the Academy Directors and must submit a background check through the state of Michigan. If interested, please contact Director of Fan Development, Geo Thomas, at 248-371-2048 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
SENIOR COACHING STAFF: We are looking for amazing coaches who can motivate and teach young players the game of basketball. Coaches must be available a minimum of seven weeks over the summer and have outstanding concepts of working with kids in grades 3-9.
- Energetic and motivated instructors who are between 17-23 years of age
- Must have Varsity or College playing experience
- Coaching and officiating experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to communicate the game to kids in grades 3-9
- Strong communication and public speaking skills needed
- Reliable transportation needed
- $10-$12 per hour based on experience
ASSISTANT CAMP OPERATIONS MANAGER: Looking for one person to assist the Operations Manager in all facets of camp operations including but not limited to: Camp set-up and check-in, facilitate camp lunch, oversee shirt and trophy inventory, social media posting, taking stats and camp clean-up. 25-40 hours per week including some weekend prep.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have reliable transportation and a good driving record
- Some operations or camp facilitation experience required
- First aid certification a plus, but not required
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy boxes
- Must be available to work June 17 through August 24
- $12-$14 per hour based on experience